When I eat mainly raw food, while my body adjusts and cleanses, I typically get a STRONG sweet craving. Not sure if it's because I'm detoxing or not but it's something else. In order to combat and satisfy the craving, I came up with this alternative to me quitting raw food and grabbing my fork and a big slice of cake. ;)
I hope this satisfies your sweet tooth!
- 10-15 dates
- 1 1/2 cups of soaked raw walnuts
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp of nutmeg
- 1 tsp of coconut oil
- 1 tbs of ground flax seed
- 1/4 cup of water (if needed)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup of shredded coconut
- Food processor
- Plate (for rolling the balls in coconut)
- Soak 1 1/2 cups of raw walnuts for at least 6-8 hours. This cleans them and removes the enzyme inhibitors, which are on them, aiding you in how they digest.
- Drain the raw walnuts and place them in the food processor with all of the other ingredients except the shredded coconut and water. Only use the water if after running it on high speed that it needs moisture. You will be able to tell. You want it to be clumpy, not mushy...
- After you run it shortly to create a big clump, start making balls and placing them to a side. Make them as big as you want them to be.
- Add the shredded coconut to the plate. Roll the balls in the coconut until they are as covered as you desire.
- Place on cookie sheet and put them in the refrigerator for about 1-2 hrs. Once they are settled and firm, enjoy!!
Let me know if you have any questions.